Thursday, May 28, 2009

DRAGONBOAT FESTIVAL SPIRIT











Thousands of people at Stanley Thursday to see the DragonBoat races. It was a little gloomy and rainy but everyone was pumped anyway. My camera only survived the first half of the day walking along the beach to see our UofM friends compete. It ws packed madness insanity. I was drenched. One fatal wave crash to the head was all it took to end my Nikon. The teams were all in spirit overdrive, so much fun. It felt like all of HK was there and paparazzi too. The second half of the day we retired to our Junk Boat out on the harbor for drinks and food and a little good time chinese kareoke. Then the monsoon really started to hit and our little boat had to rock its way back to central. 2 hours later after nearly getting sick I stumbled off the junk to end my first experience on the South Asian Seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment